Monday 5 January 2015

My prize haul...Thank you Gather!


I've gradually been gathering up my prize haul from my festive competition win. Before the Christmas break I was sent voucher codes for The Village Haberdashery (25 GBP) and Guthrie and Ghani (30 GBP). I was eager to start shopping! Knowing that I was visiting the UK over Christmas meant that I saved a bit of money on delivery, so I got plenty for my money. I decided to buy the fabric below from The Village Haberdashery. The fabric on the left is an Alison Glass handcrafted cotton fabric (available here in graphite). The fabric on the right is a hand painted effect viscose. Both fabrics are really lovely and I made sure that I got 3 metres of each so that I can make a dress from each if I so choose. I'm sure you'll agree that they are stunning?!


From Ghani and Guthrie I decided to buy patterns (see here for their extensive range). I have coveted both the Sew over it! Betty dress - a stunning little 50's style number and the By hand Anna dress - a very versatile dress that can be made short or long for a while. I love the packaging of both and it is such a treat to have a physical pattern, instead of printing a PDF. 


After picking up my lovely fabric and patterns from the UK, I returned to Hong Kong anticipating the arrival of my other prizes. After a long, jet lagged day at work, I managed to make it to the Post Office. I was super excited to open the package and reveal these beautiful Gather patterns (thank you ladies!) and also a surprise prize, which was The secrets of sewing lingerie book! I wasn't expecting this, so I was very happy. I have never approached underwear as a me made item, but now it's certainly an option. It's a beautifully put together book, with great photographs and clear instruction. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it!


I now have a massive 'to sew' list and can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you will make from the fabrics and how your extensive selection of patterns turn out.
    Which one is going to be first?
    You can definitely pencil me in for a meet-up in July. Let me know the dates and we can organise a fun sew-related day / weekend. You can stay at my place too - I'm only 10 minutes walk from Liberty's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That plan sounds awesome! I'll keep you up to date with my flight booking and plans. We have friends living in Reading too, so hopefully we'll spend a bit of time around the London area. I would love to do a class/workshop with you (like old times!)

    Planning on doing the Sureau first :)

    ReplyDelete