Sunday 28 September 2014

My first Sorbetto...


After my sewing table disaster, I have been sewing like a demon to complete my WIP's. With the Mathilde already finished, I set about sewing my Sorbetto by Colette. This make is so simple, I totally recommend it as a stress-free dressmaking experience. With 1 pleat, 2 darts, 2 side seams (french seams), 2 shoulder seams (french seams also) and neck and armhole binding it took shape very quickly. 

The fabric was really easy to sew and I used my new bias binding maker so that everything matched. I'm now waiting for the perfect opportunity to show off my Sorbetto - it is certainly a great summer top. I'm already planning what other fabric to use to make another one of these lovely tops. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sophie - the Sorbetto is def a winner in my book too.
    The placement of the central anchor works really well and I can see your creation of the ultimate capsule collection in a red, navy and nautical theme coming along very nicely.
    You certainly are sewing like a demon - its making me exhausted just reading your blog! Keep up the great work.
    I am looking forward to next May when we will be comparing our outfits for Me-Made-May 2015!!
    I have just ordered the new Sabrina dress from By-Hand-London along with their Charlotte pencil skirt (30%) off until Monday 29th September. I'm going to be going PDF crazy!!

    ReplyDelete