Thursday 18 September 2014

Mathilde - Progress...


I managed to keep to my planning and stuck together my pattern last night. It says in the instructions that this process should take 20 minutes, but I think I must be particularly slow at this because it took me more than 30! Oh well, we've all got our strengths...

I then cut it out to my size. I like that the sizes are number 1-8 and not in sizes because when is a 14 ever the same as another 14! This process was thankfully much quicker (clearly I have strengths in cutting out paper!).

Ok, so next stage is sort out the fabric. I'm going away this weekend, so no sewing for me :( I have a package of fabric from www.modes4u.com waiting at the Post Office, so hopefully i'll be able to collect it tonight and wash my fabric ready for cutting. I've chosen this particular fabric for my Mathilde... 
I just need to find the perfect buttons to accompany it. I'm anticipating that my next sewing opportunity will be on Monday at the earliest, so Mathilde will have to wait until then. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric choice - the Mathilde definitely works with a nautical theme!
    It depends on what choices of buttons are in HK, but I think you have loads of options: Blue polka dot, blue plain, Blue and white stripy, white anchor buttons.... so many choices.....
    Looking forward to seeing the next Mathilde instalment ; )

    ReplyDelete