Tuesday 11 November 2014

Second Picnic Blanket Skirt...


Whilst on one of my many recent trips to Sham Shui Po, I picked up this lovely little fabric. It has a woollen quality to it, which i'm guessing is acrylic and it has a random cream printed spot pattern on a lovely rich navy background. 

I made the easy decision to make a second Picnic Blanket Skirt. My first one was a very simple make, with a very effective outcome. This no pattern make by Tilly and the Buttons involves some simple measurements and only a few simple stages of manufacture - seam, placket, gather, waistband, buttonholes, buttons and finally hem. (See instructions here) This time I went with a dark wood button, which compliments the navy very well. 

As you can see, the fabric does crease when it's worn, but I think that this blends in with the overall aesthetic quite well. This skirt sits lower in the waist than the first one, which should suit lots of my existing tops. 

My next question is, do I make another Picnic Blanket Skirt, this time in Christmas fabric? 

2 comments:

  1. This is way cute! I made this skirt earlier this year in a red tartan--does that count as Christmas fabric? I really want to make another one though, love your navy polka dot fabric here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think tartan definitely counts! I've considered that idea too. What type of top do you team with your picnic blanket skirt?

    ReplyDelete